Click here to book a free 20 minute discussion with us now
Autism Spectrum Disorder Consultation
Working with families that have a child diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is an area Sarah has a great interest in as an autism consultant.
When you are exhausted and feel like there might be something more you can do to help your child, homeopathy has positive outcomes in research to support children with ASD.
Possible Causes of Autism
The prevalence and diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder has increased by 40% from 2014 to 2018 to a figure of 1 in 70 people (increased from 1 in 100). This could be due to an increase in diagnostics; however, it still indicates that autism is on the rise.
Autism is diagnosed by autism therapeutic consultants who assess social communication and restricted or repetitive patterns of behaviours, interests or activities as well as the presence of sensory sensitivities. Although there is no cure for autism, there are interventions and autism consultancy services that can help to improve quality of life.
The modern world is teeming with environmental toxins, pharmaceutical interventions, chemicals and Wi-Fi. Currently Autism is being looked at as being caused by an interplay between genetics, and epigenetic and environmental factors. These factors contribute to an overall sensitivity to these environmental stressors and toxins, causing an imbalance.
Homeopathy & Behavioural Consulting for Autism
Classical homeopathic medicines work on increasing the overall health and wellbeing of the child, while targeting specific areas of sensitivity such as addressing an imbalance in the microbiome of the gut, desensitising to allergic factors, and detoxing substances that may have caused some issues such as pharmaceutical drugs and environmental toxins, which lighten the overall toxic load.
Research from the Spandan clinic in India (ref 1), which has worked with 2,400 children over the past 3 years:
From 1998 to 2003, the clinic assessed case studies from 54 children that had an autism spectrum disorder diagnosis. It was observed in this study that 72% of cases who continued homeopathic care and behavioural consulting for autism for a period of more than 6 months showed significant improvements of the following symptoms:
- Hyperactive behaviour – restlessness and tantrums
- Impaired sensory defences
- Eye contact
- Speech (60% of cases with mild autism regained speech)
Another research study conducted by the Spandan clinic included 60 children and administered a selected few remedies that were prescribed on an individual basis. The results of this study showed that 88.34% of children improved, with the result being:
- Mild improvement – 16 children
- Moderate improvement – 21 children
- Marked improvement – 16 children
Ask About Our Autism Consultancy Services Today
Feel free to use our online booking system or call Sarah on 0408 542 762 today to organise an appointment with one of Melbourne’s knowledgeable autism therapeutic consultants.
The Family Apothecary Approach to working with Autism Spectrum Disorder :
The initial consultation generally involves the parents of the child only. All aspects of the child’s case will be explored including :
* Pregnancy – the mother’s emotional and physical state and health history
* Full health history including any pharmaceutical interventions, vaccines or other
* Nature of the child as a baby and currently
* Exposure to environmental toxins
* Any presenting symptoms – include speech, stimming, fears, sensory sensitivities.
* Full family history
* Diet and Nutrition
Sarah spends up to 2 hours working on each case to start to plan the important areas that need to be addressed.
Pathology testing may be carried out depending on presentation of child.
The tests generally ordered are :
* Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis – to assess mineral and heavy metal toxicities
* Complete Microbiome GI Mapping Stool Analysis – to assess the gut composition and any imbalance in flora of the gut (there is extensive research indicating an imbalance in gut flora in children with ASD)
* Food sensitivity testing.
* PCR parasite testing (can be ordered through Medicare)
# Please note these tests require payment
Follow up consultations include the child and assessment of their interaction and behaviours.
The treatment plan will be made after the first couple of consultations and nutritional and dietary advice will also be included.