Click here to book a free 20 minute discussion with us now
Detoxification is an aspect of the human body’s natural functioning and processes. Every minute of every day, our bodies sort through molecules that we ingest, inhale and absorb through our digestive system, respiratory system and skin.
If we could be sure that everything that we take in could be absorbed or distributed to the detoxification systems – the lungs, liver, intestines, urinary system and skin – and managed in a balanced way, we may not need to give our bodies extra support.
Unfortunately, we live in a world where we are constantly exposed to toxic chemicals, whether it be environmental chemicals, pharmaceuticals, bio toxins (mould, etc.), cosmetic chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, glyphosate (round-up), heavy metals, and even common household products.
The way that we each respond to the toxins we are exposed to is uniquely individual and depends on our biochemical make-up. Chemicals and toxins are foreign to our body’s built-in elimination systems and therefore cause strain and reduced function as they accumulate within tissues and cells. We may not feel the effects of the toxic burden immediately; however, the science is undeniable that the cumulative effects of toxins can lead to an array of chronic illnesses. Any symptoms such as fatigue, inflammation, thyroid issues, hormonal imbalances, irritability, anxiety and depression may have an underlying toxin accumulation as a root cause or contributing factor.
Homeopathic detox therapy aims to stimulate the body’s own detoxification organs to function optimally. Homeopathic detox remedies are prescribed according to the particular systems of each individual and are sourced from plants, minerals, and from the original toxins/chemicals/pharmaceuticals/vaccines/heavy metals that are relevant to each case.
Unlike detoxification methods that utilise the introduction of nutritional supplements, or chelation agents into the body in the hope of drawing out and capturing toxins, a homeopathic detox involves the introduction of the “signature” of the offending toxins into the body so that they may be identified and expelled. This basically means that the toxins that caused ill health are reintroduced as a homeopathic detox remedy in a tailored protocol. Both methods can be effective and often both are considered for treatment in our clinic. In my opinion, the homeopathic method is truly the underpinning of the detox treatment, while the supplements support the processes.
Toxins that are commonly detoxed with our homeopathic detox remedies at our clinic include:
- Heavy metals such as lead, aluminium, and mercury
- Copper and zinc (often present in alternate amounts)
- The oral contraceptive pill
- Pharmaceutical drugs
In order to commence homeopathic detox therapy, it is important to initially ensure the body’s detoxification pathways are functioning well. Homeopathic medicines and nutritional supplements help to open up the elimination pathways in preparation for detox, and are supported by diet and nutritional support that contribute to their healthy functioning. Once these pathways are working well, we can begin to detox.
What can you expect from homeopathic detox therapy?
- The initial assessment of the toxic exposure of each individual is key. Identification of toxins through testing (see below), symptom presentation and thorough case-taking methods before the treatment plan can be implemented.
- Depending on the toxic load, a treatment plan over 6 to 12 months should be considered as a minimum. During this period, each client has a specific and individual treatment plan that is reviewed every 4 to 6 weeks depending on symptoms.
Homeopathic detox remedies are prescribed according to the priority of symptoms. Constitutional approach, miasmatic (inherited genetic predisposition to disease patterns and tendencies) as well as particular organ support are areas that are addressed in each client.
Dietary modifications are advised and tailored to each client to ensure that all foods are biocompatible and not causing inflammation (food intolerance testing is recommended – see below). If a client is consuming a food that is incompatible to them, the result can be inflammation and a reduction in elimination.
Nutritional supplements to aid detoxification are prescribed, and include Vitamin C, Zinc, Magnesium, Selenium, and N acetyl cysteine or glutathione.
- HTMA – Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis – Assesses mineral imbalances as well as heavy metal toxicity.
- Biocompatibility food intolerance testing – Unlike many prescriptive diets, this test identifies individual sensitivities to food. It involves taking a sample of hair and having it assessed in a lab – measured against 500 foods and household products. In this way, the diet and nutritional advice is tailored and specific to each client.
- Stool test – Complete microbiome mapping – Helpful in assessing dysbiosis (imbalances in gut flora) as well as parasitic infections, yeast and bacterial overgrowth that can be the result of a toxic burden. These can be corrected with diet and targeted probiotic treatment. Homeobotanical herbs are also prescribed where appropriate.
Book an Appointment for Homeopathic Detox Therapy
If you would like to discuss homeopathic detox therapy with Sarah, book a consultation today OR arrange a free 20-minute discussion.